Before The Hair Transplantation
Before the hair transplantation, your doctor will provide you with detailed information.
- Whether hair loss is observed in the last couple of months or for long years
- What kind of treatments, if any, you have tried before (medication, spray)
- Your health history,
- Your demands and expectations from the hair transplantation.
Hair analysis to be performed by your doctor will determine the followings:
- Extent of hair loss
- Hair thickness; whether it is wavy, straight or curly.
- Density of hair on the sides and at the back of your head (donor areas)
Recommendations before hair transplantation via FUE technique:
- Do not take any medication that may increase bleeding 1 week before the operation (aspirin, herbal tea, nsaid pain killers)
- Do not smoke one day before the operation, stop consuming alcohol 3 days in advance
- You can wash your hair with your regular shampoo and massage it one day before the operation.
- You can have the operation on a full stomach. You can have breakfast or a light lunch.
- Your hair can be long. You will have a short cut at the hospital.
- Clothes that can be buttoned and unbuttoned in the front such as shirts should be preferred.
Hair transplantation does not take too much time. It is often the decision-making and consultation for a detailed discussion of the intended operation that actually takes time. Hair transplantation operation is 5 to 7 hours on average on 1 day.